Friday, July 24, 2020

Cooling Off



Hot weather and I don't agree.  Yet this summer I am in the California Foothills, staying home as are many people, and learning to deal with it.   RVs are not the best insulated, even though mine is better than many.   The AC is noisy and there isn't much room to move about. 
  Fortunately I have enough trees for fairly good shade, I occasionally hose off my canvas awning for some evaporative cooling, and if there is any breeze at all, it is sure to flow up my slope.   On the hottest day I was sitting at my computer where I have a revolving slide show.  Up popped an photo of the ice break-up on Yellowstone Lake.  I felt cooler.
     So, I have put together a slide show of ice and snow, waterfalls, mountain streams, lakes, fog, Redwood groves, Oregon Coast.   No captions, no order as to time, place, subject; just images to cool you down.  Click on first one to create the slideshow.












































1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Betty, this is Sharon (Mead, now Aggson)....I'm catching up on your blog posts. Loving all your beautiful pictures, especially the "cool" ones, I'll have to remember those when the Yuma heat starts coming back, although I'm hoping I will be somewhere else for the summer, somewhere much cooler! Hope you have a good Christmas holiday and may next year be much better!

Post a Comment