Saturday, June 6, 2015

Fox

Fox kits pop out of den.  It wasn't until I got home and looked at the photo on a bigger
 screen that I saw the second kit.


This seems to be a good year for fox. I've only seen a few in previous years but already this season I've been treated to the sight of a fox hunting for and catching a ground squirrel and a fox den with 5 adorable kits.  You can click on the first photo and do this as a slide show and the photos will be larger.  The first three are taken near the den with several of the kits and one with the mother with them.  The last two shots are of different fox in another area of the park.  The fox jumped and went straight down on the squirrel then carried it.  I suspect she took it to a den to feed her young as she disappeared for a moment and then came out again with nothing.  I want to return to the area and see if I spot any more action.





No comments:

Post a Comment