Monday, July 11, 2022

MOROCCO 2022


 In late April I  flew to Abi and Min's wedding in Washington, DC, and from there to Morocco for 15 days.   This was not my first trip to Morocco.  In fact, I set this blog up initially to record my 2009 trip to Spain and Morocco.  (You can read about that trip and see some photos if you go all the way back to the beginning or click on the panel on the right for 2009). I loved Morocco and when I heard that Margot Taussig Pinkerton and Arnie Zann were leading a photo workshop there, I was eager.

Then, as the time grew near, I wondered if I would be disappointed.  It was so good the first time, would some of the magic  have worn off?  Absolutely not.  I love Morocco and would go back again, stay for longer, and if I weren't so poor with languages, I'd even consider living there.

What is the appeal?   I've tried in the photos posted to give you an idea of the diversity of the land, the beauty of it, the rich culture, spectacular crafts, architecture, and great food.  But the real joy is the people.  It was still Ramadan when we arrived.  We were warned people might be a little testy   If we experienced "testy" we need to send all Americans for some classes in  behavior, in gracious manners, in respect for people, and  gentle humor.

For those of you who like looking at photos, there are plenty here.  Some of you may not be as into that, and the photos are broken into categories so you can look at the things that interest you most.  Regardless of how many posts you look at, I suggest that you read the text and then click on the first photo in each category.  This will enlarge the photos for far superior viewing.  And also because, like Facebook and other sites, blogs do sometimes cut off part of the photo when viewing in the site format.  Some photos may show in a couple different posts....I did the posts over time and could not always remember what I had posted, or the photo was great for two different stories of Morocco.

At the end of each page, there is a prompt to go to previous posts, or you can go back to the top and pick them by topic.

I recommend you all head to Morocco.

If you have questions or comments leave a post at the bottom of any page.   Or, email me.  Please NO FACEBOOK MESSENGER.  Every time I have used it I end up getting hacked.  Don't know why, but if you are a friend, you have my email and we can communicate that way or text.

A few favorites:

Click on first photo and you will see them as a slide show and enlarged.  These are small for viewing.





















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos. Lovely composition.

Anonymous said...

I spent 3 months in Morocco in 1970 and had an adventure of a lifetime. I sold my van and bought a donkey! Your photos brought back many memories of the Moor’s influence and the people. I actually send B/W photos back and published in the Pacific Sun.
Jan

Betty Prange said...

Jan, would love to hear more.....and see the articles in the Sun/

Post a Comment